Thursday, June 10, 2010

A tribute to my little cutie

My puppy saved my life. I know how that sounds. She's only 2 pounds, how could she save my life? But seriously, since my loss my emotions have been everywhere. I've struggled with depression before but not like this. I've been to therapy, done acupuncture, and taken medication. None of that helped me as much as Shorty. Just having something to nuture and use my "mommy" energy on has been a great outlet for me. She wants to be around me all the time, which feels wonderful. She's gotten my fat ass off the couch each day because we go for walks (she only makes it down the street and back), but then I put her in her crate and I continue to walk for another 30 minutes. This would not have happened before her. I would have just stayed on the couch and wallowed in my misery. I can't believe this tiny puppy has changed my life so much and made me so happy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you have Shorty! Aren't furbabies the best? They are so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Shorty has been so great for you! <3

    ReplyDelete