- I got so frustrated in a work meeting that I ran out of the room crying.
- My car wouldn't run properly (the same day I left the meeting and just wanted to go home). I had to rely on a friend to take me to work. The good news was that the repairs were covered by warranty.
- My stupid vag was itching and burning so bad I had to put ice on it each night.
- I had to spend all day Friday in a stupid meeting out of my classroom.
- I spent all morning Tuesday on the phone with my insurance company to see if my blood work is covered. All but one test is. Compunet told me the one test would cost $1600. Needless to say I had a major freak out. I found out later from the RE nurse that they can do the test in the RE's office for $600. Phew.
- I found out my lady parts truly do suck from the urologist.
- Shorty got bit by something on Tuesday and her face swelled up. I had to rush her to the vet. Luckily they gave her a shot and she is just fine now.
DH and I have decided to wait another cycle before beginning the IUI and other treatments. He goes back to the urologist next week to give another sample so we want to wait and see if it improved (although we will still probably have to do IUI because I suck). I'm also going to try to find a cheaper place to do acupuncture and see if that will help with my stress and vestibulitis. I'm just tired of feeling like crap. It's such a cycle. If I weren't so stressed at work, I wouldn't feel like crap. If I didn't feel like crap, I wouldn't be so stressed at work, etc.
Oh, and I read that pads and tampons are bad for vestibulitis. So I guess I'm going to try the Diva cup or Instead cups. I switched to Always pads last May and everything I've been reading about vestibulitis says Always = BAD. If anyone has any tips about the cups I'd appreciate it.
This weekend I'm going to Gatlinburg with my mom and grandma. We are going to stay with my aunt. I get to bring Shorty too! The bad part is last year we took a trip just like this during MLK, Jr. weekend. I was pregnant. Stupidly I let them buy me maternity clothes that I may never wear. Then we left early on Monday because I had an ultrasound. That was the day we found out the baby was dead. Despite that, I hope to have a great weekend.
Maybe the Always was making it worse, and now that you're switching, it will get a little better? I hope you can get some relief soon. I'm so sorry!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Misty. I cannot even imagine how relentlessly frustrating this must be. I hope you can find *something* to offer relief :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for the awful week you had and that diagnosis (never heard of that before). I hope you do have a great weekend away, sounds like the perfect thing right now. (ICLW)
ReplyDeleteStopping by for ICLW.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend. Sorry for you're struggles and discomfort. I've never heard of Vulvar Vestibulitis. Hopefully you'll be able to find something to bring some relief.
I just found your blog on ICLW. It sounds like we are in a similar situation. I found out Friday our unexpected "miracle baby" stopped growing at 6 weeks. I will have a D&C and second laparoscopy on Thursday and we will then be looking to IUI's in the future. I would like to try an injectable cycle because it seems like they are more successful. Have you done an IUI before?
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about your current condition (Vulvar Vestibulitis), but what is a diva cup? I am interested to learn...
I hope you feel better. This process is hard and expensive and I always say it is unfair we have to pay to have babies when other people don't even want the babies they have no trouble conceiving. Feel better : )
ICLW
ReplyDeleteI recently stopped my tampon use, I think the stupid internet told me there were bad. So I switched to the "organic" pad. I felt like such a hot mess, it took me back to 7th grade and stained jeans all over again. I hope the cups work for you