Friday, February 25, 2011

It's never gonna happen

Since I've been posting a lot this week, I thought I would post how I feel today. It's never gonna happen. Yes, I realize gonna isn't a real word. I just feel like I'm never gonna be pregnant. It's just not going to happen. And I hope you're NOT thinking, "Have you thought about adoption?" because everyone, I mean everyone deserves the chance to have biological children. Yes, I've thought about adoption. I've thought about paying over $10,000 for a child whose mother could possibly come back and take him/her. I want to try to have my own biological children before I consider adoption. Yes, there are plenty of children in the world who need good homes, but it's not like I can go to a shelter and pick one out. I would have to go through paperwork and home studies. I must fill out paperwork to tell a social worker what I will do if my child misbehaves. Yes, because every parent has to plan ahead to write that out. Yeah, I'm sure the crack whore on the street thought about her discipline style and wrote it out before she got pregnant. I'm sure she had her house inspected by a social worker too. It's not fair. I'm not saying I won't consider adoption; my cousin Michael is adopted and I adore him. I'm just saying-- don't suggest that to someone with IF. Especially if they're feeling how I feel today. IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. I'M A REPRODUCTIVE FAILURE.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, adoption? What is this adoption you speak of? I've never heard of it here in Under-a-rock where I live!

    I'm sorry you're feeling like this. It's a shitty feeling, and a really tough one to overcome. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, listening to people suggest adoption is the worst! Do they really think with their little pea brains that we haven't considered ALL of our possibilities yet? I'm sorry you're feeling down. I hate this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said. It drives me absolutley bananas when people offer me suggestions about alternatve fertility procedures, adoption, etc. It is NONE of your business people! And, yes, we HAVE thought of all options.

    I hope you're able to get out of your down place. Get out and do soething that you enjoy to take your mind off of it, even if it's just for a moment.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly. Adoption...not that it is much cheaper than IVF, right? People don't get it! Or the "relax" comments...ugh! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete