Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Home Stretch

I only have 9 weeks left of this pregnancy. I can't believe it. Time has flown, but passed slowly at the same time. I've been doing better- my gallbladder still hurts often- but I've resigned myself to the fact that it's just going to hurt until baby T gets here. I can't wait for the pain to go away, but at the same time I am sad that this pregnancy will be ending soon. It's such a bittersweet feeling. I am so excited to hold, hug, and kiss my little girl, but I will mourn the loss of my pregnant belly- because I don't know if I will ever be lucky enough to experience this again. I've had my share of health issues and problems, but I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Even if the pain were 100 times worse. I still feel like the luckiest person in the world because I am growing a person inside me. I get to see what DH and I created together. Will she have my eyes or his? What color will her hair be? It's such miracle, and so strange to think that this is how all of us got here. We all grew inside another person. When she comes out I will have to share her. I will miss feeling her kicks and rolls (even if they are getting a little painful), and I will miss watching my body change as she grows. I don't care if I have stretch marks, loose skin, and saggy boobs when this is over. I will look at them and know that they provided a place for my little girl to grow and thrive. I try to be somewhat anonymous on this blog, but my stepsister took a picture of me at my shower last weekend and I think you can see the pure joy I'm feeling- so you are getting a rare pic that includes my face, as well as my 31 week belly pic. Keep growing baby T- you're almost ready to join us on the outside!


3 comments:

  1. You look adorable! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! And I love that you appreciate even the difficult parts of your pregnancy. I'm sure your little girl will offer the best of both you and hubby!

    ReplyDelete