Monday, May 21, 2012

More drama

This weekend it was back to L&D again. I started having a really bad gallbladder attack on Wednesday. The pain wouldn't ease up no matter what I did. It was even keeping me up at night. I spent Thursday and Friday eating super bland foods hoping the pain would subside. On Saturday I was still miserable and Dr. G.oogle had me convinced that my gallbladder was infected and I was dying. I hate him. I think he tries to convince everyone that they are going to die. So back to the hospital I went. DH joked and said I must have a boyfriend there.

This trip was not like the two other quick ones. They were busy and I had to wait almost an hour to be seen. I started to second guess myself and even told the check-in nurse that I wanted to go home. She said I felt bad enough to come in, so should really get checked out. They got me back into a bed and the doctor came to see me right away. He said he wanted an ultrasound of my gallbladder and then we would go from there. So I waited. For almost 5 hours. I didn't bring anything with me because I didn't think I would be there long. I also couldn't get cell service in the area they had me. I was so bored. I was alone and had a mini-breakdown around hour 4. I cried to the nurse (a new nurse because the shift had changed) that I couldn't lay there any more. I was starving and going crazy. They wouldn't let me eat until after the ultrasound. I had barely eaten all day because my gallbladder was hurting so bad. The new nurse wasn't very nice and told me I could go home if I wanted! I told her I'd been waiting 4 hours for my ultrasound and if I left now then I've waited for nothing. I thought she was rude, but maybe she thought I was crazy because I was crying hysterically. I blame hormones and hunger.

About 45 minutes after my breakdown the ultrasound tech showed up. Apparently they only have 1 on a Saturday and she had an ER case before mine. I still don't get why that took 4 hours, but what do I know? Hospital time is different, I guess. She did the ultrasound and said a radiologist would read it and the doctor would get back to me. Great....I figured the radiologist would only take a few more hours to read the damn thing. Surprisingly it was only about 20 minutes. The nurse came to release me and said my gallbladder looked fine, but I had some swelling around my kidneys. Awesome, something else for me to worry about! She said to stick to a low fat diet because of my pain and to avoid anything drinks except water (which I already do). She talked to my OB and she said we would talk more at my regular appointment this Thursday. I still don't understand why my gallbladder hurts so bad if it's not sludgy or has stones, but I will just have to deal with it.

I started to freak out about my kidneys, but my friend assured me that they wouldn't have sent me home if it was a huge concern. I went to acupuncture today and my acu doc explained that my kidneys are working for two lives right now instead of one, so it only makes sense that they are a little stressed. He said my coloring, pulse, and blood pressure were all great so I shouldn't worry. I told him I drink a gallon of water a day (I've been doing that since my amniotic fluid was low about 10 weeks ago) and he said that was probably overkill and could be too much for my kidneys. As far I as know my fluid is normal now so I can just stick to a normal amount of water. I've been really good and I haven't ask evil Dr. G.oogle what he thinks about pregnancy and swollen kidneys because I'm sure he will tell me awful things. He's an ass like that.

During all that time at the hospital, baby T did great. She was kicking and her heart rate was awesome. At one point I thought she was repeatedly kicking the same spot, but the nurse came in and said that she had the hiccups. I recorded it on my phone- so cute! I just need to keep reminding myself that despite all of my pain, drama and worry, she has been a rock star! I hope the next 10 weeks pass without any drama. OMG. I will be having a baby in 10 weeks or less!!


30 weeks!
Baby T's hiccups

1 comment:

  1. Oh, honey. You are having a crappy pregnancy! And that all sounds about right for hospital world. Things do seem to take forever (most times for really good reasons, other times not so much). Here's to a healthy baby and mama at the end of all this!!!

    ReplyDelete