We've all heard them. You know, the cousin's brother's sister's friend's second cousin who got pregnant after doctors told her she was infertile and she had 3 failed rounds of IVF. The friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of someone you don't even know who decided to adopt or completed an adoption and then got pregnant. Those stories suck, and they are NOT at ALL encouraging. If you are a member of the IF community, those stories just piss you off. I WILL NOT be one of those stories.
Yes, I got pregnant after deciding to adopt. Yes, it was a surprise. But if you look at it statistically, it's been two years since I was pregnant the first time. My RE never said it was impossible for me to get pregnant, he just said it would be difficult. Hence the 2 years to get another BFP. It's not because I relaxed, or some stupid bullshit like that. Trust me, I haven't been relaxed.
My friend T is an urban legend. So is my friend C. T is going to make us t-shirts or something because WE DEFIED THE ODDS and got pregnant! Whatever. ::eyeroll:: (T- I secretly love the t-shirt idea, but don't tell anyone).
I guess the whole point of this post is that I don't want people telling stories about me. I don't want to be the friend of a friend of a friend you knew online who decided to adopt and then got pregnant. Again, those stories SUCK. I also know that there is no guarantee I will get to meet this baby. And just because it happens for some of us, does not mean it happens for all of us.
Somehow, my first two betas came back great (1,649 and 3,482). My progesterone is also good, although I am on supplements now as a precaution. This is still so surreal to me, and I'm having a hard time believing it. I am an urban legend, after all.
I have been a horrible friend--I've been thinking about you for 3 days now and wanted to congratulate you! I meant to reply to your blog, I had read it on my phone, and then I meant to text. I'm so sorry I didn't! But I'm telling you now CONGRATS and I am so happy for yall! I'm really hopeful that this is it for you guys!
ReplyDeleteAs far as today's entry, one of my good friends had 3 failed IUIs, started the adoption process, and got pregnant. She HATES how people tell her it's because she relaxed! So annoying and untrue!
I know I've told you this before, but my frickin' parents are the urban legend too. Years of IF, adopted two boys, then got pregnant. Then miscarried at 14w, but then got pg again before her next cycle and I'm that baby. And one of my mom's absolute BIGGEST pet peeves is still people who claim that you'll get pg once you adopt.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy your first betas have come back well, and I'm thinking of you and hoping so very hard for the best.
Eek! Somehow missed your last post. Congrats on being an urban legend, and yes, I would totally want to punch anyone who said something stupid about it. Hoping for more great updates - fingers crossed!
ReplyDelete:::fingers crossed::: for you sweetie! I pray that this is your forever baby. xoxo
ReplyDelete:)))) How are you doing dear? Dying for an update. Hope everything is going great so far! xoxo
ReplyDelete