Monday, June 18, 2012

Much better

I am so grateful that I had a much better week health wise. My gallbladder still hurt a lot, but nothing unbearable, and thankfully my digestion and everything else is back to normal. I'm keeping the hemmies under control so no bleeding there either. I also gained 3 pounds! My OB was pleased because I hadn't gained in a couple weeks. People keep telling me how small I look and how great I look for being over 30 weeks pregnant. I've only gained about 22 pounds now. I usually respond by telling them I've had a lot of health issues and haven't been able to eat a whole lot. I don't want people thinking I'm vain and I've been watching my weight- because that is definitely NOT the case! I'm grateful that most of my weight is in my belly, but this gallbladder pain and diarrhea have been awful and I would trade them for weight gain any day. 

I did a lot of research last week about a c-section vs. a vaginal delivery with fibroids. My OB and I talked about it more at my appointment last week. We decided the safest way to get baby T here is by c-section. I have so many fibroids that there is the possibility that there could be some blocking the birth canal. There is just no way to see them all on ultrasound, especially with the baby there too. The last thing I want is to try a vaginal birth and have her get stuck or have me hemorrhage because of a fibroid. Of course, there is the possibility that my OB will make the c-section incision and there will be a bunch of fibroids in her way there too, but at least she will be prepared and the baby will not be in distress. I went back and forth- but I am okay with a c-section. Whatever gets her here! We discussed July 25, but it is not set in stone yet. That is only 5 weeks away. OMG. I'm going to have a baby in 5 weeks or less. Crazy.

I still have a small neighborhood baby shower and a shower with my in-laws, so we haven't finished the nursery yet. We started it- but right now it's filled with boxes and bags because we don't want to open anything until the showers are over. We do have a crib, just no mattress yet. It's still so surreal to me. My anxiety and worry have been better. I still have days where I worry about stillbirth or something happening to her now, but I try to stop myself. I took a prenatal yoga class last week and the instructor read a poem about worry during class. The message was wonderful. It was about how worrying is robbing yourself of joy. I ordered the book it was in so I will share it with you when it comes. This was my first yoga class and I loved it. I wish I would've started sooner. I wasn't very good at it because I'm not flexible, but I still enjoyed the relaxation. I'm bummed that there is no class this week but I will definitely go back next week. In the meantime I hope to enjoy these last few weeks with my baby girl kicking and moving inside me. I'm the luckiest person in the world!

2 comments:

  1. You are so stinking cute! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! And 22lbs is great weight gain :)

    ReplyDelete