Saturday, March 31, 2012

Anatomy Scan

Before I tell you about my anatomy scan, I want to update about the sickness from last week. I did end up having to stay home from work Monday because my diarrhea was so horrible. I was up all night Sunday. I went to the doctor and she admitted she was worried about me. The OB and PCP both said they baby should be fine as long as I'm drinking lots of fluids. I was doing my best. My PCP was worried the c.diff wasn't gone. I had to give another stool sample, but it would take several days to get the results. Both doctors said it was okay to take Kaopectate in the meantime. That provided a tiny bit of relief, but I still spent Tuesday and Wednesday in misery. I went to work, but had to run to the bathroom multiple times and fight off waves of cramps and nausea all day. It was not fun, and I was frustrated with feeling like crap and also eating only the BRAT diet. It was getting old. Finally Thursday morning things felt like they were returning to normal. Yesterday I was able to eat and go to the bathroom like a normal person. I never thought a regular bathroom trip could make me so happy. The best news- my doctor's office called last night and I am NEGATIVE for c.diff. It must have been the F.lagyl that had me so screwed up. I hope I never have to take that crap again.

Now to the good part. My anatomy scan was Thursday. I woke up with knots in my stomach because I was so scared something would be wrong. DH and my grandma were both able to go. Our baby GIRL measured on track and looked healthy. She kept her legs tightly closed for a long time and the tech had to shake, poke, and prod trying to get her to move. Finally she got a shot from "underneath." More great news- my placenta has moved up and is no longer considered low lying and my cervix still looks great. Of course, my insides are still riddled with fibroids, but they don't seem to be affecting the baby.

There is one concern- my amniotic fluid was "low normal." Still in the normal range, but on the low end. My OB thinks it's because of the severe diarrhea I had earlier in the week and said to drink lots and lots of water. I thought I was getting enough but I guess the sickness took it's toll because I also lost 3 pounds. She wasn't overly concerned about the fluid or the weight loss, but of course now my worrying brain is going into overdrive. I've managed to keep myself from asking Dr. G.oogle about low amniotic fluid because I'm sure he will have evil things to say about it. I flooded myself with over 100 ounces of water yesterday and have already had almost 60 ounces this morning so hopefully things will look better at my next scan. I wouldn't be myself if I didn't have something to make me worry like crazy, right? My next appointment is April 26 and I will have another cervix check and my glucose test. I still can't believe how lucky we are. Here are some pictures of our precious little miracle. You can see the "money shot" on the bottom with her little bottom pointing at us.


3 comments:

  1. So glad you're finally feeling better! And that's one of the most obvious "it's a girl" shots I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those cute, plump butt cheeks. So adorable! My fluid got a bit on the lower end after my fibroid degeneration because I kept throwing up due to the pain, and that caused me to be dehydrated. Two weeks and gallons of water later things were back to normal. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! Glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete