Seriously, if it's not one thing it's another. A little over two weeks ago, when I thought I had the flu, my PCP asked me to collect a stool sample. I didn't hear anything for almost a week so I thought everything was fine. Nope. Apparently I have/had c. diff. Basically it's when you have too much bad bacteria and not enough good bacteria in your stool (similar to a vaginal infection). I am hating myself for stopping my probiotics during the first trimester. The doc assured me that as long as it's treated it's not detrimental to the baby and the OB said the same. She prescribed F.lagyl. I only had diarrhea for a day when I thought I had the flu, and everything had returned to normal since. Until a few days ago. It started Wednesday at the end of the school day. I had horrible cramping and diarrhea. Thursday morning was okay but then that afternoon I had to make several trips to the bathroom. Which is really fun with a 20 second graders. I either had to take an unscheduled class restroom break every time the diarrhea would hit or find someone to cover my class. We also don't have many private staff bathrooms so I would have to hunt for one. Fun times, fun times. Friday was the same. Yesterday I felt somewhat better during the day, then last night I went out to eat with my family. I had to get up FOUR times to use the bathroom in the restaurant. Finally my mom said, "Do you have the runs?" LOL. Yes, mom! Now, it's 6:45 am and I've been up since 3 am going to the bathroom on and off. Each time I think it's safe to go back to bed I have cramps again and have to get back up.
This is miserable. It clearly says on the prescription bottle "may cause diarrhea" and Dr. G.oogle has led me to several websites where people complain about how awful F.lagyl is. I have taken it before but I'm betting I just took an anti-diarrhea med or something because I wasn't pregnant and over analyzing everything I put into my body. Or it's possible it's affecting me differently this time because I am pregnant. Either way it sucks. This shit better go away soon. Literally. If it continues there is no way I can go to work tomorrow as I'm on the damn toilet every ten minutes. I took my last dose this morning so hopefully this well start to get better.
On the plus side I can feel the baby move around like crazy. She is probably hearing all the noises from my intestines and trying to get away from them! Even though I feel awful I am so grateful for my little miracle. I will gladly take many more months of sickness if it will bring my baby safely into the world. Keep growing little one, we love you so much!
22 weeks
Your bump is SO cute! Get well soon! We deserve easy pregnancies after going through so much crap to get there!
ReplyDeleteUgh - so sorry you're still feeling so yucky! But that baby bump, it looks darn good on you, mama!
ReplyDelete