Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's a......

GIRL. Well, maybe. The tech said she thinks it's a girl and she showed us the folds of what she thought was a labia. She also said this is "between us" and she's not "documenting it" until my anatomy scan on March 29. We are not rushing out to buy anything pink just yet. I am so excited and thankful (just for a healthy baby, not because it's a girl). My cervix looked great, but my placenta is still low (my husband joked that he's giving up sex for Lent, hahaha), so I'm still on pelvic rest. Also the fibroids are still there, but my OB doesn't seem too concerned about any of this so I guess I should follow her lead and STOP WORRYING. She told me to stop reading the pregnancy books and just enjoy this because things are looking great. I will try.

Here is the positive side of infertility and loss. I really don't think I could be more grateful for this baby. Each time I see her (or him?) on the screen or hear the heartbeat I am amazed at this miracle that I've been given. It is truly amazing how we are brought into this world. How everything lines up just right and a life is created. Even today looking at my u/s pics, I can't believe that there is this tiny human growing and developing inside my body. I feel like I am the luckiest person on the planet. I am so incredibly grateful for the chance to have what DH and I created together. Pieces of both our DNA came together to make a person. So remarkable and precious. Again, I swear I am the luckiest person alive. Is this really my life?

18 weeks! Keep growing, baby. We love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for girls!!! (most likely) :). Glad to hear that all is looking good.

    ReplyDelete