Thursday, January 26, 2012

Well, Hello Second Tri!

I never thought we'd meet. I graduated from the RE this week! It was bittersweet. I'm so happy to be moving into my second trimester, but I'm scared to leave the fertility office because they've been so attentive and have taken such good care of me. I've really like my OB though. She cried with me in the hospital room before my D&C two years ago and I've always felt that she cares about me as a patient. I saw her at P.anera once and she went out of her way to say hi and we talked about the Harry Potter movies. I see her on Tuesday and I plan to be very honest and tell her that my anxiety will not permit her to treat me like a normal pregnant patient. I'll let you know how that turns out.

The RE gave me a "diploma" and a baby spoon on my way out. I had to hold back tears. Even though I got pregnant naturally I still feel like they got me to this point. Also, I have a baby picture album that's already overflowing. I've had SEVEN ultrasounds now. Each one shows baby T just moving around and being totally normal. I still have the stupid SCH, but it's right at the opening of my cervix so if it were to break apart it shouldn't hurt anything. I'm hoping my body will just absorb it.

There was a bedbug situation at school today and the janitors have to bomb my room. I had to tell the nurse and the counselor that I'm pregnant, because I was worried about the chemicals. Most people that I work with already know, and my bump is getting hard to hide, but it still terrifies me to tell new people. Telling people I'm not close to means I'm admitting that this might actually happen. I got up the nerve to change my ticker on here too. Wow. I might actually have a baby. I am seriously pregnant!

6 comments:

  1. Yay - we finally announced our miracle today at 13 weeks. Glad to follow your story while living our own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! All the best for Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm PSYCHED to see that ticker, Misty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear! Thanks for the message and congratulations on the 2nd trimester. I'm anxiously right behind you at 13 weeks today. We have our NT scan scheduled for Friday. I've been feeling a lot better morning sickness wise - so I'm just continuing to pray that everything is okay in there.

    We have yet to tell anyone - maybe after the NT scan?!?!

    I've just recently started to feel a bump - that seems to be blending in with my bloated stomach. I've seen a few glares to my midsection at work, so I'm sure a few people are wondering.

    I love reading your updates and I'm so excited we're only a week apart! Talk soon! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay LC, I'm so glad you're still doing well. I've got a good size bump, so most of my coworkers know at this point. I think it will be awhile before my students notice. I'm not ready for them to know. Good luck Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you told your principal yet? I told myself I would tell him if my ultrasound went well yesterday...and then I chickened out. I'm not afraid of him being mad or anything like that. I guess with my past miscarriages - I just fear telling people and then something going wrong, cause I have experienced that before and going back and telling those people that you lost the baby was just awful. :(

    ReplyDelete