Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our first showing!

That title makes it sound like we're selling our house or something.

So I was wallowing pretty deep in my own self-pity on Saturday when my phone rang. It was one of the agencies calling to see if we'd be interested in being shown to a birth mother. They call it a "situation" so that's what I will call it from here on. We've had to turn down several situations because they were just way over our budget. This one is within our budget (at the top-but doable) and the information we were given was very positive. The agency tries to give us as much info on the birth parents as possible before we make the decision to be shown, because if she chooses us once we're shown, we can't back out. DH is much more cautious than me, so we had a long talk about this. At first he was reluctant, but then we sat and discussed the reasons we would say no, and they really weren't all that valid. I keep telling myself "If this isn't meant to be our baby, then she won't pick us." So we are being shown tomorrow morning. I know the birth parents will see several profiles so there is only a small chance they will choose us, but I can't help being excited. Just the fact that we're considered means we meet some of their initial preferences. I'm also terrified. This could actually happen! The agency will let us know either way in about a week. If you could spare any positive thoughts, DH and I would really appreciate them.

8 comments:

  1. How exciting! Good luck - I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! You guys will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a HUGE step! HOORAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking good thoughts for you both!! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping that the right "situation" comes your way very soon! We've only had one so far, and she chose another couple. It was hard to swallow, but we know that the right first mom is out there looking for us. Best Wishes! Here from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be excited too! It's a start of a whole new journey and hopefully the right situation will come around and will lead to your baby! Good luck with the showing!

    ICLW #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderfully exciting! Sending you positive thoughts that this situation will lead to your sweet baby being in your arms!
    ICLW #47

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wondering how things are going on this. We had an "opt-in" situation once, too, and after much soul-searching we decided to opt-out. It was excruciating.

    Here's to green lights. May you have many of them ahead of you.

    ICLW #20

    ReplyDelete