I met with a new acupuncturist this week. He's an MD and does it at his practice. I really like him. I felt like he took the time to listen to my issues and took me seriously. I went in Monday for an informational appointment and filled out some paperwork and on Wednesday I went for the actual treatment. He was very thorough and I could tell he read over my paperwork and was familiar with my issues. I did acupuncture for about a six weeks a year ago, mostly for anxiety. I felt that it helped and worked, but it just got to the point where I couldn't spend any more money on it. This new doctor is half of what the other place charged. He also looked over my tongue, checked my pulse, and explained his placements. The other place seemed to just quickly stick in needles and leave me to "destress" for 20-30 minutes. He didn't use electro acupuncture like I had before, just needles. He said he will try a variety of things and I'm to call him in three days to let him know how I feel so he can adjust for the next time. I just feel like he's really focused on me and I didn't feel that at the old place. They always seemed to be in a hurry there. He did some cupping on my back, which felt strange but at least I knew it wouldn't sting. The needles don't really hurt when they go in, but there are a few places that are tender and hurt for a second (inside of wrist and sides of feet!). I slept fairly well last night and generally feel better so I'm looking forward to my next treatment on Monday. I will go weekly for five weeks.
In vag news- I've felt soooo much better this cycle. I think using the Instead cups and then organic pads helped a ton. I've had some itchiness, but nothing near the misery I felt a few weeks ago. The doctor doing my acupuncture also has me taking oatmeal and vitamin E baths to soothe my skin. I am so thankful to finally have some relief. Physically feeling like crap doesn't help the emotional roller coaster I've been on since our journey to have a baby began.
As I said, I'm so thankful I feel better, but I hurt for the ladies in my group. Failed IVF cycles have left two of my friends heartbroken, a pregnant friend found out that there are serious problems with both of her twins, and another had her fifth miscarriage. I wish I could take all your pain away, friends. It's just not fair, and it's not RIGHT. I don't get why such bad things happen to good people. Sending love to you all. <3 <3
I'm so glad you're finding some relief. I cannot even imagine how infuriating and frustrating this problem must have been. I hope the acupuncture brings good things too.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you found a great acupuncturist! I'm also glad you found some feminine releif! I can't imagine having to deal with that aggravation on top of all the fertility frustrations.
ReplyDeleteYay for a great acupuncturist! I'm so happy you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHe sounds GREAT. I went to a few different ones myself..until I found the one that fit. We are spending enough $$ and time with them, it should be with someone you like!
ReplyDeleteGlad the vag is feeling better..(never ever thought I would say that lol)
I agree...we're all in a slump lately. Hopefully things pick up soon!