Sunday, March 6, 2011

I've never met you, but... (warning-- sappy post below)

I was listening to the radio the other day and I heard the new Rascal Flatts song called "I Won't Let Go." The lyrics brought tears to my eyes because they made me think of my Internet support group. My journey to have a baby has been such a huge roller coaster that I can't get off. I am so thankful to have a group of ladies to talk to who've had similar experiences. I don't know any of them in real life, yet I feel like they're some of my closest friends. I am very fortunate to have great friends IRL who have been incredibly supportive and loving, but they can't give me the same kind of support my Internet friends can. My Internet friends get it. They feel my pain. I hope I'm not offending any of my IRL friends who read this blog, because I love you all SO much and I don't know what I'd do without you either. I read somewhere once that infertility is as stressful as cancer. If you had cancer, you'd want to talk to other cancer patients, right? Some people might think I'm crazy or that's it's not healthy to be so involved with people on the computer. How can you be such good friends with people you've never met? I don't know, it just happened. They get me, they know me, and I'm so lucky to have them. I don't know where I'd be without them.


This is my first attempt at using playlist and it doesn't look quite right, but you can still listen. Enjoy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

5 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) misty! i know EXACTLY what you mean! i'd be lost without our awesome group of girls! so glad to know you and call you a dear friend!!! much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to explain this community to others. I don't think people could understand it unless they're a part of it. I'm glad to have found your blog :)

    Great song btw..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. It's weird to try to explain to people. But I, too, don't know where I'd be without the incredible friendship and support I've found in this journey. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty song. I don't know what I'd do without you girls! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree totally and would be lost without you all!

    ReplyDelete