Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Here goes nothing...

It's CD3, so this morning I went in for my first appointment for the Clomid challenge. I had some blood work done and a date with the dildo cam. I don't have any large cysts, so as long as my blood work comes back okay I should be clear to start Clomid on Thursday. I feel strangely excited about this whole process, I think because we are finally doing something other than just timed intercourse (which gets VERY old). I'm not excited about the drugs or the expenses, but at least we are moving forward and will hopefully get some answers. Next week I will go in for some more blood work and another date with dildo to see if I have follicles large enough to trigger ovulation. If everything goes according to plan, we should be able to do IUI around the first of April. I hate to say it, but DH was right when he said we should wait another month before starting all this. I am in a much better place mentally (and physically!) now. I still have a little itching from time to time but it's nothing like it was. I've been able to have sex that doesn't involve burning, itching, and crying. I actually feel well--which is so nice. I attribute most of it to acupuncture, and some to the nice weather we've been having. Spring always puts me in a better mood (I think I have SAD). Also, most of my appointments will be next week, and I'm on Spring Break so I don't have to take sick time. I'm fortunate enough to have plenty of sick time to use, but I just hate being away from my students. Plus if we have to do more involved treatments such as IVF I may need that time. Who knows, maybe this will work and the universe will actually do something right for a change. I guess we'll wait and see.
Wow, look at me being an optimist....

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're in a much better place now...that can make all the difference! Hoping your b/w comes back all clear, and clomid is a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! It sounds like a good plan and I am very hopeful for you.

    ReplyDelete