I'm a week late posting this. Oops, bad furmama. Shorty turned 1 on January 21. I put DH in charge of getting her a treat because he delivers the mail to a doggie boutique, Moochie & Co, every day. I expected him to just get her a small cookie or treat. Then he comes home with this giant Happy Birthday bone cookie! He is so funny, because Shorty is the dog he didn't want, that he got just for me, wink wink. Turns out he paid quite a bit for it too...lol. Before you assume we made our dog sick, the icing and everything on top is made of yogurt and the other ingredients are actually pretty healthy. Of course we didn't give her the entire thing, just a small piece after we took pictures and a video. Yes we took pictures and a video, go ahead and laugh. That what's we infertiles do. We treat our dogs like babies. I guess her birthday celebration is still going on because she gets a small piece of the cookie each day from the fridge. She'll be done with it in a few more days. The video above is not the best (meaning I suck at recording) but you can see how much she loved it. She wouldn't even look up at me. You can also see all her toys and her doggie stairs (DH got those too!). She's spoiled. So what. Happy Birthday Shorty, we love you so much!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Shorty's Birthday
I'm a week late posting this. Oops, bad furmama. Shorty turned 1 on January 21. I put DH in charge of getting her a treat because he delivers the mail to a doggie boutique, Moochie & Co, every day. I expected him to just get her a small cookie or treat. Then he comes home with this giant Happy Birthday bone cookie! He is so funny, because Shorty is the dog he didn't want, that he got just for me, wink wink. Turns out he paid quite a bit for it too...lol. Before you assume we made our dog sick, the icing and everything on top is made of yogurt and the other ingredients are actually pretty healthy. Of course we didn't give her the entire thing, just a small piece after we took pictures and a video. Yes we took pictures and a video, go ahead and laugh. That what's we infertiles do. We treat our dogs like babies. I guess her birthday celebration is still going on because she gets a small piece of the cookie each day from the fridge. She'll be done with it in a few more days. The video above is not the best (meaning I suck at recording) but you can see how much she loved it. She wouldn't even look up at me. You can also see all her toys and her doggie stairs (DH got those too!). She's spoiled. So what. Happy Birthday Shorty, we love you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So cute! Happy belated birthday Shorty!!!
ReplyDeleteso cute! funny story about those big dog bones. my mom got one for our family yorkie for his birthday one year. but it was huge and he is not. so each day she broke off a piece and gave it to him while singing him "happy birthday." to this day...our dog now goes bonkers anytime any one sings "happy birthday" in that house! goes crazy! runs around, barks and goes nuts and runs back to his room waiting for a treat. it's kind of funny. that's my story :)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday, Shortie! It's going to be the best week of her life...munching on that bone every day. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm a week late commenting... LOVE the big bone! Happy birthday, Shorty!
ReplyDelete