Last night I celebrated my 30th birthday, which is January 13. Since I'm having laparoscopy on January 12 we had to celebrate a weekend early. I had a lot of fun, and I didn't have a mental breakdown like I feared. I may have had one too many shots but I didn't cry, so it was a win. I really have no issues with turning 30, except for the fact that I thought D and I would have kids by now. My attitude is mostly "How the hell did this happen? Wasn't I just in high school? Didn't I just graduate college?" On one hand time flies but on the other it passes so slowly....
Of course I couldn't help remembering that last year on my birthday I was pregnant. And the thought that I should a 4 month old baby at home now never left my mind. Loss and infertility are nasty, nasty bitches. It's like being stuck on pause.

I remember feeling much the same way when I turned 30. How the heck did this happen?!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about you having to be a member of the loss & infertility club. You're right, though, it's like being stuck on pause...or in a seemingly endless feedback loop. It sucks.
Happy birthday, and good luck with the lap!