Saturday, December 18, 2010

1 year ago

I found out I was pregnant. It was the last day of school before Christmas break. I had gone alcohol free during the 2 week wait, and I was supposed to go out to eat with a friend that night. I had tested the day before (12dpo) and got a stark white negative. I decided to test when I got home from school that day. If the test was negative, I was going to drink that night. At 13 dpo, not even with FMU, I got a faint, faint line. I called my friend and asked if pregnancy tests were like OPKs where the line had to be as dark as the control line. She said, "No, a line is a line. Go buy a digital!" So I told DH I had to get something at CVS. I was shaking the entire time. Obviously the digital came up positive. DH and I were having some kind of argument so I went and handed him the test, saying something like "I know you're mad at me, but look!" I took a picture of the digital test and showed my friend that night. "Oh, look what I got for Christmas." I was so happy. I thought I was getting the best Christmas gift ever. I went to the library and checked out all kinds of pregnancy books. I subscribed to email newsletters. I couldn't stop thinking or talking about pregnancy. I thought about how lucky we were....

Hey, guess what? It's 1 year later and I do NOT have a baby, and I have NOT  had another pregnancy. I suck. Merry effing Christmas to us.

2 comments:

  1. :-( I'm so sorry, Misty. This has been such a crappy year, and I hope that 2011 gets its arse in gear and starts treating you right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your situation perfectly. My husband and I learned of our first pregnancy shortly after the new year (the beginning of this year). Odds are we conceived on our first wedding anniversary. And here we are again, having just celebrated our second anniversary - and still grieving the loss of our second pregnancy, we do not have a baby in our arms (just two in our hearts).

    ReplyDelete