Age: 5 Months
Weight: about 14 and a half pounds. I haven't weighed her in a few weeks.
Length: 24 inches at her 4 month appointment
Size: in 6 month and 6-9 month clothes. Soon she will be in Carter's 9 month, but that is basically 6-9 in Carter's language.
Hair: Her hair is all filled in, but she's starting to get a bald spot on the back from where she rubs her head while laying down. She also has these two long pieces around her ears. They look like wings and they are adorable.
Eyes: brow, but not dark brown like mine. They have a hint of green.
Teeth: None.Still drooling like crazy and she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth.
Teeth: None.Still drooling like crazy and she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth.
Sleeping:We've had a bit of trouble in this department. After trying to move her to her crib at 4 months left us both exhausted, I put her back in the RnP (rock n play) and she slept great for a couple weeks. Then she started waking every 3 hours. Nothing would calm her except nursing. I thought maybe it was a growth spurt, but those usually last a week or so and this is still going on. I'm on Christmas break right now, so we are doing the crib transition again. It's going much better this time. I think I am more committed to it, and she was sleeping like crap in the RnP anyway so I can't move her back into it. Plus she is just getting to big for it. She is still waking every 3-4 hours in the crib, but most of the time I can calm her down with just patting her and giving her the paci. I've also been letting her fuss for 5-10 minutes before I go to her, and sometimes she will just go back to sleep. Don't judge me- I used to think letting them cry was cruel but I wasn't doing her any favors by running to her at her first cry! We moved her bedtime up also so she is getting 12 hours of sleep (with wake ups) but she wakes up happy and smiley rather than cranky like she did during the first crib transition. I still nurse her once or twice at night, depending on how long it's been since she last ate. She will sleep through the night eventually. I'm not really worried about it because she is a happy, well adjusted, growing baby.
Eating: still 100% breast milk. For awhile I was getting away with pumping once a day (lucky, I know!) but I had to add another session after school. Next month we are going to start vegetables. I'm so excited to watch her try new foods. I'm hoping to read the book Baby Led Weaning and just skip purees. I'm not excited about solid poops in diapers. I haven't had to rinse her cloth diapers because she is exclusively breastfed, but once she starts solids I will have to. Yuck. I'm planning to do a whole post about cloth diapers soon. We LOVE them!
Movement: She is so strong! She still does her "stomach crunches" often. In fact, she was doing them in the RnP which was a sign that she was getting too big for it! She enjoys her exersaucer but we have to prop her with a towel. She loves her S.ummer Infant seat (similar to a B.umbo) and will sit in it for quite awhile. I'll post a pic of that below. My mom has a jumper (that hangs from a door frame) and she can't jump in it yet, but she enjoyed spinning and playing in it for awhile on Christmas. She doesn't hate tummy time anymore, I think because she has great head control and can easily lift her head and shoulders. She rolls from tummy to back like a champ. We've been practicing back to belly (I will roll her on a blanket, which is fun!). She follows people a lot with her eyes, and definitely knows who mommy and daddy are. When DH talks she will just stare at him and smile. One day I went to nurse her at lunch and she kept fighting to get out from under the nursing cover. She just wanted to sit and watch the boys at the sitter and grin at them. She also smiles and Shorty as she walks around. She is definitely very aware of her surroundings.
Milestones: She got her first cold, but it never fazed her. She just smiled through the snot and coughing. She sounded pitiful, but it never affected her demeanor. She celebrated her first Christmas! She got lots of cool new toys and enjoyed all the excitement. She is sleeping in her crib like a big girl. Oh, and she had her first fall. I set her on the couch for a minute while I went to start the washer, and DH was right there- but she rolled off. She cried for about a minute and then was back to grinning. Oops. Write that down in her baby book ;). She was also baptized in December. She found her feet this month too! When I'm changing her she will grab at her feet until she gets one in her mouth. It's so cute to watch. She grabs everything. We were at Cracker Barrel last week and she grabbed some green beans off my plate!
Favorite Toys/Activities: She loves listening to daddy and just watching people. She enjoys her seat and sometimes her exersaucer. Her changing table is still one of her happy places, and she still loves baths. She is also big enough for the E.rgo and she tolerates me wearing her for awhile. She likes her Sophie toy that she got from her friend Sam, a doll that has wooden rings on the hands the my friend Shauna gave her. Really she likes anything she can put in her mouth!
Dislikes: Waking up at night and being tired. Sometimes she dislikes the car (mostly when it's dark), but as long as she's not in her seat too long she's okay. Overall she's a happy baby and we are very lucky.
Words & Sounds: She babbles a lot. They've started to sound like squeals and sometimes like a cat! She laughs easily now and is very ticklish around her neck and armpits. She also loves making spitting noises and blowing bubbles.| Daddy making her laugh |
| Sitting with Papaw on Christmas day |
![]() |
| Calling her boyfriend(s) |
| Loving her seat |
![]() |
| Santa did not clear this present with Mommy first |
![]() |
| Our Christmas card picture |
| Can I have some privacy while I eat my feet, please? |



We've never (in more than 2yrs) rinsed a diaper. Just sayin', it's not one of those necessary steps. We shake whatever will come off into the toilet, and then the diaper gets thrown in the (dry) pail as normal. I know lots of people do, but it wasn't one of those things I was going to do unless we HAD to. And we haven't :) Feet eating picture = a giggling me.
ReplyDeletehehehehe I love all the pictures. Especially the card one with your pup...hah! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Hugs to you M!
ReplyDelete