Saturday, November 24, 2012

4 months old

Here we are again. I can't believe my baby is getting so big!

Age: 4 months
Weight: 13 pounds 12 ounces
Length: 24 inches
Size: in 6 month and 6-9 month clothes. There are a few 3-6 things that fit her, but not many.
Hair: It's definitely filling in up top, and she no longer has male patterned baldness. It's so long on the sides that it goes over her ears. It's still dark and just adorable.
Teeth: None. The pedi felt her mouth at her 4 month appointment Monday and said he didn't feel anything. She is still drooling like crazy and putting everything in her mouth!
Sleeping: Ugh. I was off all week for Thanksgiving break so I thought it would be a good time to transition her to her crib. The first night she only woke up twice! Well, she fooled me. The past 3 nights she has been up multiple times, and last night it was every 15 minutes until she finally gave me a 3 hour stretch at midnight. I really wish I had transitioned her sooner. I love the rock-n-play, but I think it made her so used to sleeping all snuggled and at an incline that she's having trouble getting used to being flat on her back in such a big space. She can also roll onto her side, so I think all the rolling wakes her up. It's been 4 nights now, so I'm hoping after another few it will get better. She was down to 1 wake up or sleeping all night in the rock-n-play so I'm hoping we will get back to that. She also takes very short naps now unless she's on my lap. She takes great naps at the sitter, go figure. My doctor said sometimes babies will just stay awake to be with mommy. All of those short naps make her have little tired "fits" though and it takes a bit to calm her down.
Eating: still 100% breast milk. The pedi said we can skip cereal and go straight to vegetables at 6 months. My supply has gone down just a bit and I've had to add in an extra pumping session here and there, but otherwise I am keeping up with her eating. Most days I can nurse her during lunch which really helps.
Movement: She has great head and body control. The pedi commented on how well she was doing developmentally, and my doctor said she has great muscle tone. She can roll onto her side from her back and still rolls from belly to back during tummy time. She does her "stomach crunches" often, meaning she lifts her head off the ground from a laying position. She does it often in her carseat, because it's not her favorite place and she's trying to find a way out. We've tried putting her in her exersaucer but she doesn't quite have the strength to hold her whole body up yet.
Milestones: Taking her 4 month shots like a champ, moving to her crib, rolling from back to side, celebrating her first Thanksgiving, laughing. I was changing her and I tickled her armpit and she giggled. She is also ticklish under her neck. My mom can make her laugh during peek-a-boo. It's the best sound in the world. She also joined the paint club (an inside joke in my family).
Favorite Toys/Activities: She still LOVES nursing. This week when I was off I felt like we constantly nursed. Most of the time I didn't mind though- it gave me a chance to cuddle and catch up on some tv! She loves her taggies blanket, or any little blankie/burp cloth. She also has a blanket with a monkey head attached. She loves to talk to it and hold it in her carseat. She also loves baths. If she is really upset I know I can give her a bath to calm her down.
Dislikes: Apparently she dislikes long naps now, but she also dislikes being tired. Makes sense....;). She also hates being in her carseat for long periods of time and wants to sit at the table with us if we go out to eat.
Words & Sounds: She will "talk" for long periods of time now and will laugh. She still does her fake cry that sounds kind of like a siren. I love hearing it all!
Holding her "baby" in the car

Leg lifts

Love those chubby thighs!

1 comment: