Tuesday, September 25, 2012

2 months old

Where has the time gone? I can't believe Sadie is 2 months old already. 
 
Age: 2 months
Weight: 11 pounds 4 ounces
Length: 23 inches
Size: Completely out of newborn clothes :( and in 0-3, mostly 3 months. She also fits into our cloth diapers now. We haven't completely made the switch but hope to soon.
Hair: Still dark, getting very long on the sides and filling in a little at the top. She still has "male pattern baldness," but it is adorable.
Teeth: Not yet, but she has been drooling a lot lately!
Sleeping: She is still a good sleeper. She will go anywhere between 4-6 hours at night. One night she gave me 6 1/2 hours! She usually has one long nap during the day and several cat naps.
Eating: Exclusively breast milk. Now that I made it past the first six weeks, I am determined that she be exclusively breastfed until she is a year old.
Movement: She has great head control. She looks like a bobblehead, but can hold it up herself fairly well. She can sit in the little seat I have for her (similar to a Bumbo) for a few minutes. She can also roll from belly to back! She hates tummy time so she had to figure out how to get out of that :). The first time I thought it was an accident but now she consistently rolls. It's not easy for her though. Sometimes it takes a good 5 minutes of work! She is also grabbing at things some. She has gotten my hair a few times.
Milestones: Smiling! She smiles like crazy when I talk to her. It's so adorable. Rolling, 2 month appointment with her first set of vaccines, going shopping several times with mom and nana.
Favorite Toys/Activities: Nursing, looking at ceiling fans and lights.
Dislikes: Tummy time, waiting to eat, trying to fall asleep. She will fight and fight going to sleep sometimes.
Words & Sounds: She does her fake cry, which is starting to sound more like a shout, and she does some babbling. She tries to imitate me when I coo at her (if only she would imitate me when I pretend to sleep!)



4 comments:

  1. Sadie really is adorable. Sounds like she is doing great developmentally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cloth diapers (I think they look so much cuter with their huge cd bottoms, lol). And yay for making it past the 1st 6wks of nursing. They're really the hardest - after that it's so much easier. And yay for a super cute baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful lil girl you have! :)

    ReplyDelete