Our home study is DONE! I can't believe it. One of our references got lost in the mail, but as soon as our social worker gets the new one we are approved!! But....
this is me. We are doing things differently than most because of our consultant. We will be working with three agencies in Utah and one attorney in Florida. This will help increase our exposure and hopefully get us matched faster. If we were only using the Ohio agency that did our home study, we would be done with all paperwork. So I realize we've brought some of this on ourselves because we chose to use the consultant. Now I have multiple applications, information sheets, and other requirements to sort through and fill out. It stinks. I'm tired of it all. But I keep going because I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize. Also, when I start to get fed up with this whole process I try to put myself in the birth mother's shoes. If I were giving up my child for adoption I would want to make sure that the parents are well prepared and have had every kind of clearance imaginable. That helps me keep my perspective if I start to get angry. I'm anticipating that we'll be active in about a month. I'm waiting on a certified copy of our birth certificates to come in the mail, and we have to go to the bank to get our loan because one agency requires proof that we have the money. I've finished putting together our profile books (all 23 of them!) and they are ready to send out soon. I'm so excited, but I'm also scared to death. I can't believe we've made it this far!

I'm so excited! Sending lots of good thoughts that things will happen quickly for yall!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! You guys have gotten SOO much done so far, it's so frustrating to have more paperwork to get through but I know you can do this. I'm still reeling at how fast you got that long-ass list checked off :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats - we can't wait to be done with all the paperwork, but at least it keeps us busy. The waiting will probably be the hardest part for me. Wishing you a speedy match!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so well--knocking down these goals like crazy! I think your perspective to view it through birth mom's eyes when you feel frustrated is great.
ReplyDeleteWow, you've made some HUGE progress! I think your decision to go with multiple agencies will definitely pay off. More work right now, but I really believe you'll get your baby sooner. Good luck with it all!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of what a rock star you've been with all this! You've had so much on your plate, and I'm so in awe of how you've handled it all. I can't wait for the amazing things to come for you.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting so close! 23 profile books, wowza. I know your diligence will pay off in the end.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting...whoo hoo! And wow 23 books...that's an amazing feat in itself!! =)
ReplyDelete