So last week I threw a pity party for us and whined about everything we have to do for our homestudy. School starts in 3 weeks and I need to get my classroom ready, and we will be on vacation all next week. We are also stripping and refinishing our kitchen table, which has turned out to be a
much bigger project than we anticipated. I was definitely feeling the pressure to get things done. I am so proud of myself though, because I worked my ass off this week. I was able to get almost the entire table sanded (with help from DH and my grandma) and it should be ready for staining after vacation. I also got my whole classroom unpacked and organized (we have to pack up each year so they can "clean" our rooms- they never look that clean so it's just a waste of time) so all I have left at school is putting student's names on things and getting my open house packet and first week lesson plans ready. We also crossed off many things on our homestudy list:
1.
Application for child placement-
I didn't realize this was on our original homestudy application, so it was already done
2. Copy of marriage certificate
3. Current income tax return
4. State financial statement
5.
A letter from employer stating job title, salary, length of employment, character reference, and stability of employment-
I have mine, DH still has to get his after vacation
6.
References- 5 non-relatives-
mailed, hopefully our references fill them out in a timely manner
7.
State background check
8.
Federal background check
9.
Local criminal check (a letter from local PD that we don't have a record)
10. Certification of residency
11.
Traffic record from BMV
12.
Medical release form
13.
Medical statement (filled out by physician)-
mine is done, DH has an appt Aug 15
14. Child care class-
scheduled Aug 17
15. Infant CPR certification-
scheduled Aug 18
16. Required reading- an adoption book (217 pages!) that we must both read and then complete a questionnaire-
I have started this, and plan to finish in the car on vacation
17. 3.5 hours of online training after reading book
18.
Fire inspection report (done by local FD)-
done!
19.
Questionnaire about child placement
20.
Child characteristics form
21.
Child abuse clearance
22. Home safety audits
23. Interviews with social worker-
first one scheduled Aug 21
Many of the items left are just a matter of making copies. Also, our profile book is DONE! I had to revise it 4 times, but our consultant says it looks great now! So when we get back from vacation we can work on getting it printed. I will probably just go to Kinko's and then get some plastic sheet covers at an office supply store. N said not to make it too formal. I can't believe how much we've gotten done. I'm so proud of us and I hope we can relax and enjoy our vacation now! The week we get back will be so busy. I will have to finish up everything at school Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday, then Wednesday night is our child care class and Thursday night is our CPR class. I also have an autism workshop all day Thursday and Friday, then the social worker comes Sunday, and school starts Monday! I guess I won't really be enjoying my last week of summer. Oh well, it will all be worth it!
Glad to see you got things started :) I hope it all goes smoothly for you and DH.
ReplyDeleteI love lists and even better crossing things off of them! GL hon!
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats and good work! You guys are that much closer now :)
ReplyDeleteGo M! That's a lot checked off!
ReplyDelete