Thursday, September 16, 2010

The plan

Well, I finally called my OB to talk about why I can't get pregnant again. We managed to do it once, so why can't we do it again? I was afraid she would just tell me to keep trying and not to worry so much. But she didn't. She sat and listened to all of my concerns and questions (I brought a list), and she was very responsive to everything. I really feel like she genuinely cares about me. She cried with me the day of my D&C, telling me the story of her miscarriage and how heartbreaking it was. I've been through a lot with her-- 2 surgeries for endometriosis, a biopsy, then a LEEP to get deep tissue, and my D&C. I'm not just a once a year patient, so I think that has helped me build a relationship with her. So the plan is for me to take 50 mg of Clomid, then get a shot of Profasi on day 13. Today is day 14, I got the shot yesterday and haven't had too many side effects from the Clomid except hot flashes and not sleeping well (but that's almost every night) But I can't stop myself from planning ahead and thinking "what are we going to do when this doesn't work?" I just have a feeling that this will never happen for us. I will never experience a bump, I will never be in a hospital delivering a healthy baby. I wish I could be more optimistic. I'm going to try.....

1 comment:

  1. (((hugs))) I'm so sorry this journey hasn't been easier sweetie. I'm glad you have a wonderful, caring OB and a new plan to try. I'll keep you in my continued thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete